Home > europe, finland > European Vacation day 5: Helsinki

European Vacation day 5: Helsinki

Not much to write about todays events, mainly because there weren’t many.  After waking up we walked to the market for some breakfast.  I had a plate of sausage and potatoes.  Saori had a wonderfully delicious thin pancake with berry sauce and cream.  We enjoyed our leisurely breakfast and then strolled back to our apartment for a quick nap.

That quick nap turned out to be a five hour nap.  After waking up (again) we relaxed in the room, and then went back to the market square to meetup with  Tokyo University student that Saori had met while wandering around the previous day.

We chatted a for a couple of hours and had a couple of beers and then said our goodbyes.

Saori and I then made our way back to our room so we could work on making our hotel reservations for Prague, our next destination which we were catching a flight to the next morning.  It was an early night, and we went to sleep before 10pm.

So far, the most uneventful day of the entire trip.  But also, the most relaxing.

It; nice to go slow once in a while.  After all, that’ what vacations are for, doing exactly what you want, when you want.

Let’s see what tomorrow and Prague have to offer us.

Categories: europe, finland
  1. Paulette Laitila
    August 7, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Hi Jeff & Saori,

Have so enjoyed reading your comments while you are vacationing in Europe & Scandinavia. It is like I’m there with the two of you.

Enjoy,

Much love, MOM

• November 20, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Surrpsiilngy well-written and informative for a free online article.

2. mike c
    August 11, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Doko desu ka?

• February 7, 2012 at 2:57 am

– It was my puaeslre. 🙂 So you’re welcome!I finished making the mini-movie from your wedding day yesterday (I started making a slideshow, but then got carried away and made that one instead :D), and Jouni is trying to make the file a little smaller today… So the pictures and that will be ready soon. 🙂

• February 7, 2012 at 8:51 am

C37S3h mutboqetpbtd

3. Pete L
    August 12, 2010 at 12:38 pm

ikaga deshita ka?

4. Matt Klimoski
    August 12, 2010 at 1:41 pm

So, doing a heritage tour, huh? Sounds like it’s a lot of fun, but I think you need to find a place for karoake, just to liven things up. Never been to Scandanavia, but it’s on my list (tho not likely Finland). Enjoying the pics and your musings, catch up with you later…
    Matt

5. February 7, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to
    my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

6. May 14, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell
    you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you suggest
    any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the
    same subjects? Thank you!

7. June 8, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Hello mates, good paragraph and good urging commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.

8. June 10, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Good day! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post
    reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about
    this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he
    will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

9. August 10, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Wow, awesome blog structure! How long have you been blogging for?
    you made running a blog glance easy. The full glance of your site is excellent, let
    alone the content material!

1. July 25, 2014 at 2:36 pm