Home > Festivals > Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Cherry blossoms near the Jefferson memorial

Springtime, perfect for having picnics, wearing shorts and admiring the Cherry Blossom in DC. The National Cherry Blossom Festival is an two-week (per annum) event that celebrates springtime in Washington, DC as well as the 1912 gift of the cherry blossom trees and the enduring friendship between the people of the United States and Japan.

Another view of the Jefferson memorial, framed by cherry blossoms

DC Attractions include multiple festivals, museums, monuments, and more. The National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization that coordinates, produces, and supports creative and diverse activities promoting traditional and contemporary arts and culture, natural beauty and the environment, and community spirit and youth education. It’s also begins peak season for an influx of tourists to Washington, also brought in by the thousands of historical landmarks, museums, and other buildings, The National Museum of Crime & Punishment, located in Washington, D.C. is one of those such buildings, with excellent depictions of historically famous crime scenes along detailed information concerning past wars, forensics, organized crime, and more.

(This is a guest posting. Text and photographs are copyright – Erik Braunitzer)

Categories: Festivals Tags:
  1. April 2, 2010 at 11:40 pm

I was just about to say: You live in Tokyo and you chase the cherry blossom all the way to D.C.? 😉

Our cherry blossom festival in Hamburg is in May, so we still need a few more warm days to catch up.

2. tish
    March 15, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Are there any cherry blossoms in bloom now? What about the Friday or Saturday before the festival starts 3/25/11.

• February 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I just found this blog post and I sluohd say to you thank you so much for providing this one to us.

3. Jerry
    March 24, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I was just up in D.C. Tuesday and there were already blooms it should be great this weekend

4. Niki
    March 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I work about 10 minutes from the Tidal Basin in DC. Yes, the cherry blossoms are here, but I fear they will freeze tonight! It’s unseasonably old here, supposed to snow later today.

5. April 3, 2011 at 5:00 am

I really like your picture of the Jefferson Memorial.

We are here at the festival now and have taken some good shots this year.

Hopefully the blooms will hold on a little while longer with the wind this year.

6. April 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Thank you Japan. An exquisite gift. Almost 100 years now. Bless you all.lovely photos. Thank you for sharing. I’m in the other Washington. We can’t get these trees here!!

7. M. Campbell
    April 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I’m coming in late to Washington DC area, on April 14th will there be any blossoms left on the trees. I really want to see this. If anyone knows if they are still blooming please let me know.

8. August 17, 2011 at 10:59 am

NICE

• February 8, 2012 at 2:35 pm

These are levloy. Always are vintage photos amazing and really holding my eyes, as though they were sand.

• February 8, 2012 at 4:32 pm

PGgn7Z fzrmrrflemzl

9. July 26, 2012 at 1:23 am

cherry

10. July 26, 2012 at 1:24 am

tree cherry bye fun looking

11. November 11, 2013 at 8:20 am

Hey there terrific website! Does running a blog such as this require a massive amount work?
    I have virtually no understanding of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own
    blog soon. Anyways, if you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please
    share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply needed
    to ask. Thanks!

12. January 20, 2014 at 10:47 am

Within 10 years online video production will be the most influential and available form of communication
    since printed text. Doing business video production will increase your click through rates dramatically.

Seaarch engines and social media platforms are both very keen
    on video embedding ‘ even more so when the video is shared across various popular locations.

13. August 22, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading?
    I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

1. March 23, 2011 at 8:01 am