Home > Photography > Random shots

Random shots

Click HERE for todays photos

As those of you who have been following Sushicam for a while, you will see that todays photos are a departure from the recent norm, and actually slip back into the style that I first started with: Documentary type shots that show some od things. Not necessarily artistic, or even Good for that matter, but a slice of the real Japan nonetheless.

Enjoy.

When I first decided to join with the company that offers the Sushicam Friend Finder service I did my own in depth research to make sure it was a genuine value and not a scam.

After checking it out in detail I saw that it was the real thing. I have heard from quite a few Sushicam visitors that they have had succes in finding new friends by using it, so I know it really works. So if you have thought about joining in the past but never really got around to it, this promotion is a great time to try it out.

Just sign up before 15 February and take advantage of this promotional offer.

~*~*~ Valentine’s Day Promotion for Sushicam Friend Finder ~*~*~

Duration: Through 15 Feb 2009

Who: To any new subscription purchased during the promotion period.

What: Members will be given a free upgrade of up to 24 months!

Buy 1 mth VIP -> Get 3 mths VIP

Buy 3 mths VIP -> Get 6 mths VIP

Buy 6 mths VIP -> Get 12 mths VIP

Buy 3 mths OC -> Get 6 mths VIP

Buy 3 mths VIP+OC -> Get 6 mths VIP+OC

Buy 6 mths VIP+OC -> Get 12 mths VIP+OC

Buy 12 mths VIP -> Get 24 mths VIP

Buy 12 mths VIP+OC -> Get 24 mths VIP+OC

I spent last week in Hawaii on a business trip. (A hardship tour for sure) While it was nice to get a taste of the good old U S of A again, I was kind of surprised about how hard it was to get around. Especially seeing as I am not functionally illiterate there like I am here in Japan.

My coworker was the one doing the driving, and I was the navigator, and I have to admit I failed miserably at the job. It didn’t help that the street signs are effectively the size of postage stamps, and darn near impossible to discern since the hawaiian alphabet ahs only 13 letters, and at first all the street names looked pretty much the same. Just long strings of letters like HALAKUALAKOANAMOA.

Not the easist thing to filter through at 60 mph when you are not familiar with it. “3rd Street” would seem a more logical choice. It’s simpler too, but maybe that’s just me..

Categories: Photography
  1. February 8, 2009 at 1:36 pm

jeff, my friend, what happened to teh sushicam friendfinder site? the URL used to be friends.sushicam.com , but now I cannot access that anymore…

2. Pete
    February 8, 2009 at 2:50 pm

First, I agree with your assessment of Sushicam Friend Finder. It’s a legit site and I havde met some good friends there the past few years.

However, my pointin writing today is that I have been unable to access it since yesterday–wondering if it has anything to do with your site -re-design?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

3. 2yen
    February 9, 2009 at 8:22 am

Sorry bout the Sushicam friend finder glitch.

When I forwarded the Sushicam.com url to this new wordpress.com account I had forgotten to update the link and it had gotten stuck in a circular reference. My sincere apologies to all of you.

It’s now working just fine.

SushiJeff

4. February 9, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Thanks Jeff,
    and as always, I love your pics! I like the approach you take to “documentary photography” as it gave me that “homesick” feeling in teh first place.
    By the way, I am seeing a japanese lady in London at the moment (yes, thanks to sushicam friendfinder!), so there may be a chance I will come to Japan this year ^_^

5. Pete
    February 10, 2009 at 2:34 am

Hey Jeff, Thanks for working to open the link back up–have gotten ina few times, but still having a lot of trouble linking in…maybe once out of every six or seven tries. Maybe the site in messed up, but wanted to let you know the update.

Thanks

6. February 10, 2010 at 5:01 am

its very nice and amazing