Home > gear talk, Photography, yokosuka > Yoko Yoko Photo Club

Yoko Yoko Photo Club

Click here for todays photos

Click here for todays photos

All but one of todays photos were taken with the venerable Kodak DCS Pro Back 645M.    It’s a discontinued image making monster capable of producing some of the most film-like files I have ever seen come out of a digital camera.  It’s not the fastest camera out there. In fact, it’s downright glacial in its pace of taking photographs.  But this causes me to also slow down in my image taking, and gives me pause to think about what it is I am trying to capture.  I’m sure the great medium format Mamiya glass adds a lot to the image quality, but the sensor of the Kodak back itself must be given due credit.

For those of you in the local Yokosuka/Yokohama area, you may be interested in a photo club I recently started.  You can check it out here:  www.meetup.com/YokoYoko/

This new photo club will not be taking the place of the Tokyo Camera photo club I have belonged to for years.  Rather, it is a way to get people on the Miura Peninsula/Yokohama area who are interested in photography together without having to make the trek up to Tokyo.

We have had two meetup events so far, and any member of the club can organize a gathering.  So if you are interested, then sign up and plan a day pf photo shooting.

About these ads
  1. Pete
    March 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Glad to see you posting again. Just checked you site to see if it was still up. Really like your Organic Tones photo.

March 9, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I’m still here.

3. Susita
    March 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Hi Jeff- are you and your friends all right after the earth quake? pls let us know

Susita

4. Olga
    March 14, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Hi Jeff,
    Are you and family OK?

5. Alex
    March 14, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Also commenting, hoping you’re all okay Jeff.

6. Martha Goldman
    March 17, 2011 at 2:48 am

I’ve been following your website for almost a decade now. Your pictures and words gave me insight to a country I passionately wanted to explore…and after a trip there in 2004, your blog became a place to revisit a country I fell in love with and missed. My heart goes out to the country you capture so beautifully. I hope and wish that you are doing well.

7. Kryn Sporry
    March 20, 2011 at 5:45 am

Lovely shots again, as always. Like the others, I too have my concerns for your safety, so I’m happy to find you are still blogging.

8. Kryn Sporry
    March 20, 2011 at 1:36 pm

oh, just noticed, China also blocks this meetup website… *sigh* Time for someone to blow up the great firewall

9. March 24, 2011 at 1:02 am

amazing shots again how do you get the contrast. ive been taking photos for a few years but only once have i ever gotten images this clear. anyways hope your ok, and i am looking forward to your future work.

10. March 30, 2011 at 2:43 am

I know that you have not had much time for posting lately, but I hope that you are all safe after the big earthquake. I also worry about my family and friends in Kanto and Tohoku, things are still very touch and go in many areas there.

11. May 12, 2011 at 7:22 am

Thanks for sharing. That is a nice article.

12. July 24, 2011 at 9:59 am

good shot!

13. April 25, 2014 at 6:29 am

FYI: AGNOSCO – Spirits Among Us, a photography exhibition by Mateo Hevezi, Opens May 28 – June 4 in Tokyo at Kurihara Gallery

Exhibition URL: